OK! beauty editor Laura Mulley gives us the lowdown on the latest OK! Beauty Box:
Cold weather, biting winds and central heating can all make your complexion go a little crazy this time of year. Luckily inside this month’s OK! Beauty Box we’ve pulled together an entire skincare routine for happy, healthy skin for everyone this autumn – and it’s available to you for an incredible price.
Inside this month’s Skinsational Edit you’ll find five brilliant skincare products, including the iconic Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, loved by celebs like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Lorraine Kelly.
Your at-home facial continues with an AHA peel, a smoothing face mask, a luxe serum and a collagen-boosting moisturiser. Altogether it’s worth over £110 but new subscribers can get their first box for just £7.50 – that’s half the usual monthly cost of £15 – when they sign up here.
Having an OK! Beauty Box subscription takes all the stress out of shopping for skincare, body care and makeup, as each month you’ll be getting the best in beauty delivered directly to your door.
Your box will always contain at least five products and is always worth a minimum of £80, meaning you’ll be getting some impressive savings too. It’s also totally flexible, meaning you can request to skip or cancel at any time.
Here’s a look at what you’ll find inside this month’s box…
Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, travel size, RRP £12
If you haven’t tried this cult classic face cleanser before, you’re in for a real treat! A long-time favourite with celebrities and skincare experts alike, this rich balm is the perfect first cleanse, removing makeup and SPF in a flash.
How to use: Warm between your palms then massage into dry skin over the face and neck. Remove with a warm damp cloth.
- Rose and mimosa waxes and elderberry and starflower oils nourish the skin
- The fragrance comes from a blend of nine essential oils, creating a spa-like scent
- 96% of users said their skin felt softened and soothed after using this
Gatineau Limited Edition Radiance Enhancing Enzymatic Gommage, travel size, RRP £10
Say hello to brighter skin in as little as 60 seconds with this speedy smoothing exfoliating treatment. Instead of harsh grains or scrub particles this balm-oil contains a trio of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), and it’s suitable even for sensitive skin.
How to use: Apply to dry skin, then massage in using circular motions. Leave on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing off. Use once or twice a week.
- Glycolic, malic and lactic acids work to gently lift dead skin cells
- Vitamin C helps to brighten the skin
- 95% agreed that this product significantly improved skin texture
Mudmasky Vitamin-A Booster Blue Clay Mask, full size, RRP £42
Quite possibly the only face mask you’ll ever need! This multi-tasker tackles a multitude of skin concerns, from visible pores and blemishes to dehydration and sagging skin, with bakuchiol (often termed an alternative to retinol) as its star ingredient.
How to use: Apply a thin layer and leave on for 7 minutes if your skin is dry, 9 minutes for normal skin and 11 minutes for oily skin. Remove with cold water for the maximum pore-tightening effect.
- A combination of two different types of clay sucks out impurities from pores, giving skin a super-deep cleanse
- Bakuchiol helps to firm and brighten the skin
- Lotus flower extract hydrates and calms the complexion
Able Skincare Hyaluronic + Retinol Radical Youth Activator Serum, travel size, RRP £35
This super-serum contains a powerful duo of anti-ageing active ingredients – hydrating hyaluronic acid and skin-rejuvenating retinol – to plump and lift the skin.
How to use: Use morning and night after cleansing and before applying moisturiser. Always use an SPF in the morning when using a product that contains retinol.
- Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin and is able to hold 1,000 times its weight in moisture
- Retinol is one of the ultimate anti-ageing ingredients and works to boost collagen production and regenerate new skin cells
- This also contains ribonucleic acid (RNA), which helps your skin combat wrinkles, sagging skin and brown spots
Balance Me Collagen Boost Moisturiser, travel size, RRP £9
A luxurious everyday moisturiser that suits all skin types. Made from 99.9% natural ingredients, it’s nourishing enough to instantly smooth and soften the skin, yet feels wonderfully lightweight and non-greasy.
How to use: Apply morning and night after all your other skincare steps. Follow with an SPF in the morning.
- A tri-peptide complex promotes collagen production, while also minimising future collagen breakdown
- There’s hyaluronic acid in this moisturiser too, which delivers immediate hydration
- It also contains blackberry leaf extract, which is high in antioxidants, protecting the skin against environmental aggressors
Inside the box you’ll also receive a voucher for two free copies of OK! Magazine – your one stop shop for all the latest celeb, fashion and beauty news.